I’m a Linux Engineer since 1997 with expertise in building and managing infrastructure (based on Open Source software) and Linux environments. I’ve broad experience in Debian, CentOS, Red Hat and SUSE Linux distributions and are certified for most of them as well (RHCE/CLE/LPIC-3).
My goal is to automate what can be automated, so that everything works rock solid and I have the time to explore new techniques and tools (that might result in even better automation).
Specialties: Linux, Configuration Management, Automation, LoadBalancing, Open Source, Cloud Computing, sharing knowledge, entrepreneur and I am good in communication.
Furthermore I enjoy coaching (both colleagues and friends) and sharing my knowledge, including teaching others.
- Workshop: Build Your Own Cloud In Record Time With Cosmic, June 2016
- Operating CloudStack the Easy Way (Automation!), October 2015
- Keynote at the CloudStack Collaboration Conference in Dublin, October 2015
- CloudStack 101: hands-on workshop at DevOpsDays Amsterdam, June 2015
- CloudStack meetup Amsterdam, June 2015
- CloudStack Day Austin, TX – April 2015 (video)
- ApacheCon North America, Austin, TX – April 2015
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference North America, Denver, CO – April 2014 (video)
- FOSDEM ’14, Brussels, Belgium – February 2014 (video)
Apart from that I enjoy running (and mapping them). On our house we have 3900WP of solar panels that generate just as much energy as we consume.